After a full day in the office, what you really just want to do is to relax when you get home, right? It can be annoying to find yourself slaving over the weekend to make your place look and feel more livable. Sometimes it needs too much work, and cleaners can be expensive too.
But cleaning your home doesn’t have to be too hard and expensive all the time. Here are some home cleaning solutions that you can do easily and cheaply.
- Ran out of fabric softener? There’s no need to haul yourself to the grocery, and spend good money for fabric softener. When you’re washing your bed linen and clothes, all you need to do is to add half a cup of baking soda to the rinse cycle. That will act as a natural fabric softener. It’s also great if you have sensitive skin, plus you get to save a lot on expensive fabric softeners.
- You should also keep your washing machine clean inside. All you need is a box of bicarb soda. Just pour the box of bicarb soda into the drum of the empty washing machine, and then put the machine on a hot cycle. Afterwards, you’ll notice that your laundry will look and feel a great deal fresher.
- Your kitchen scrubbing brush can get dirty and oily very easily, so you need to clean it regularly. That’s actually easier than you think, because all you really need to do is to put it in your dishwasher. Do this once or twice a week and you can make sure that you can clean with a fresh brush every time.
- Are you a fan of aromatherapy? If so, then maybe you have some lavender oil lying around. You can add a few drops of that lavender oil to a spray bottle filled with water, and you end up with a sweet-smelling cleaner. Just shake it well, and then use the solution to clean the various surfaces around the house.
- Make sure that your computer is kept clean. Here’s a “fun” fact: do you know that the average PC mouse is actually 3 times dirtier (as in with 3 times the number of germs) than a toilet seat?
Use baby wipes for your PC mouse and for your keyboard as well. Vacuum the keyboard after you pop out the keys. Then use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the PC monitor.
- You should clean your kettle too. Just because you use it to boil water doesn’t mean it’s clean all the time, as it can have limescale. But you can remove that from the kettle by just boiling a solution of 2 parts water, 1 part vinegar. The same can be used for cleaning your coffee maker.
As you can see, you can save yourself from exerting too much effort with these tips. And you save money too!